Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hooray for Brian!

We had a small victory yesterday...actually I should say we had an enormous victory. I was so proud of Brian and felt one step closer to him being pull-up free!!! In the mornings, I have been working with Brian to get him to go potty. He's been very stubborn and now that he is 5, I really need for him to be potty trained. He's been doing well with going pee in the mornings and after school. Sometimes it's a struggle to get him in the bathroom but usually when I mention that he can't talk to Santa until he does, he's right in there. Well yesterday morning it was business as usual. He woke up, he went and was dry then until he came home from school. He went after school and I decided to just leave his pull up off. I took him about an hour later and nothing. Well, then I was in the dining room at my sewing machine and Brian came up to me and said, "pee goes in the potty?" and I responded with "yes Brian, pee goes in the potty" not thinking he was actually going to go. He then said okay and left. About 10 seconds later I hear him pee'ing in the potty!!! I was so excited because he did this all on his own without me telling him to go. He actually felt the need to go to the bathroom. We ofcourse did the pee pee happy dance and I could tell Brian was proud. He then tried an hour later and got frustrated when the pee didn't come out. Then to my amazement, again, he came to me and told me "pee goes in the potty" and sure enough, he went again. I am so proud of him.

No comments: