Monday, April 6, 2009

Matt's Promotion

Matt's cake
Matt's promotion ceremony from CPT to MAJ was held this past Friday, April 3rd at Ft. Myer. It was a lot of work prepping for it. I know Matt had said he would do all the arrangements since I was busy with school and wouldn't have much time to deal with it. When I asked him on Monday what he had planned, his answer was, "I'm thinking about getting 6' subs from Subway." So, that's when I took over. I told him to make arrangements for the location and I would get the rest. :) So Tuesday, Ethan and I did a lot of running around from place to place ordering platters, cakes and balloons as well as squeezing in a haircut for me. Yes, Ethan was wonderful as he waited for me to have my haircut. I couldn't believe how well behaved he was. It did help that I had bought him a new pull back bus that he could play with and some lifesavers. :)
Matt saying a few words
It was a short and sweet ceremony. The kids had a lot of fun running around the ballroom and playing in the rec center. When Matt's CPT patch came off, I punched on his MAJ one and each of the kids threw a nice punch on it too. Ethan then took the CPT bars and kept placing it on his chest. It was quite cute watching him parade around with them on his chest. My dad then removed his CPT bars from his berret and added the oak leaf cluster to it.
Icing faced kids and I Katheryn and Brian goofing off with the camera

No comments: