Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kid Gone Wild

This past week/weekend has been a trying one for me. I finally had an open house for my home business and while getting the house ready and trying to set up, Ethan found my raffle ticket roll. It was a brand new roll of course so there were quite a few tickets. He found it fun and entertaining to place the roll on it's side and just roll it. I didn't realize he was doing this of course until I came downstairs and caught him. He just looked at me, smiled and said "ta-dah!" Kids! So I had to roll them back up...it took forever. When he found the tickets again and unrolled them, I just gave up. Thankfully Matt found them and rolled them up for me. :)
Ethan saying "ta-dah!"

Then this past weekend, Matt thought it would be great to spend time together as a family and just have fun rather than work on the yard or other things in the house. We've been doing a lot of work around the house since moving in and it's still not finished. The patio that we have been dreaming about is still a muddy patch. I go out when I can and I'm trying to grate it but it's not coming as fast as I would have hoped it to. Anyways, we decided to try the early morning service at church but as soon as we sat down, we got up and exited. We didn't realize there wouldn't be child services at the early morning service and Ethan couldn't help but chatter aloud once in the sanctuary. We then went home and had a really good breakfast. I just threw some stuff together and it turned out really really good. We then made it to the 11:00 service and had a peaceful service with the kids in their classrooms. We made it home and had some lunch before taking the kids out for an ice skating adventure. Matt loves to ice skate; he plays hockey and just really loves it so I know he was anxious to get Brian and Ethan out on the ice. Well, Ethan was just not cooperating. Katheryn got her skates on and was all over the place until she fell and hit her head. Ouch. She got back up though and continued on. We put hockey skates on Brian. He was having a great time. He was very hesitant at first about getting on the ice but once we gave him something to hold on to, he seemed okay. After one lap around the rink, he thought he had won the race and would be given one of those nice big trophies in the trophy case. About an hour has passed and Ethan has Matt and I very frustrated. He wants on the ice but wants to skate alone and thinks he can. When we held him, he threw a fit and threw himself onto the ice. This went on for atleast an hour. Matt went and skated with Brian while I hung out with Ethan trying my best to get him to hold on to the walker. Matt came back and Ethan decided he would go on the ice again and by this time I took my skates off thinking I would just hang out with Ethan. Well, Ethan got on the ice, held the walker and did a lap around the rink with Matt. There were moments when he let go of the walker to skate a little himself. He only managed a step but I know Matt was really excited. He will have himself a hockey player!

Ethan first time ice skating

Brian on ice

Matt trying to get Ethan on the ice

SUCCESS!

Ethan needs no help from Matt

No comments: