Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Goodbye August, Hello September!

What a busy week it has been for our family. During Matt's last week of leave, we decided to break ground and make room for a garden and patio. Well, we got the ground tilled and the concrete slab broken up and that's about it. That was a week ago. The patio pavers have been stacked in our backyard since last Saturday. But, we have a great excuse. This past weekend was my family reunion on my dad's side. We left Saturday morning and drove to S.C. with a stop in our old neighborhood to visit some friends and pick a few things left behind at our house there. We finally made it to my uncle's by 10:00pm.
The next morning we were able to hang out a bit and then we headed to Hemingway for the reunion. It was a great time but I really wish I knew all those who attended. Afterwards, we went back to my uncle's and just hung out. It was a lot of fun. Matt and the kids enjoyed swimming in the pool until it started to rain.
The trip home seemed long. We took a different way home and enjoyed the scenic views and unfortunately, the patio pavers never moved from their stack. They are still there. I will keep our progress posted.

Matt getting ready to break up the slab

Matt pounding the slab as Ethan looks on

The tiller before the garden area

No comments: