Thursday, May 21, 2009

Accident Day for mommy

Tuesday was a very busy day for us. I sanded, primed and painted the porch posts and once the kids got home from school, we were headed out the door within 15 minutes. Getting Brian and Ethan into the van is a lot of work at times. Ethan will usually forget his shoes and Brian will want to bring his entire hotwheel car collection with him. Once I got them situated, I was able to bring Cody up to join us. We were headed to his 3:30pm vet appointment. We arrived about 10 minutes prior to his appointment time and with Ethan being allergic to furry things, I told the receptionist we would wait outside. I handed Ethan some Benadryl to suck on while we waited. About 3:40pm I figured it was getting pretty close for us to be called in so we went inside to the waiting area. The kids were great as well as Cody. He's such a great dog. He laid on the floor while we waited. Finally after 40 minutes of waiting, I asked the receptionist when we might be seen because I had to get Brian to his dance class by 4:30pm. They then took Cody to get a test done for heartworm and then brought him out again. We waited another 5 minutes before being called back to a room. Once we were in a room, we waited at least another 10 minutes before the vet came in. I was not happy. We left the vet and rushed to Brian's dance class. We were 10 minutes late. Katheryn, Ethan and I stayed in the van while Brian was at class and to save some time, I had asked Katheryn to come to the front so I could brush her hair and get her hair ready for her concert at school. Brian's dance class is finished at 5:15pm and usually we would go to my parent's home and visit them before having to drop Katheryn off at dance from 6-7pm. However, because she had a music concert at school to be at by 6pm, we had to skip her dance class. Anyways, she moves up front and I start to brush her hair. The phone rings and it's Matt. He is on his way home in order to make it to Katheryn's concert. As I am talking to him, a van in front of us is backing up to move out it's spot. As they back up, they run into our van. I honk the horn and the van leaves. I was shocked. I tell this to Matt as I go out to see if there has been any damage. Just a scratched liscense tag. I was peturbed that the driver didn't stop so I decided to report it. I am literally parked right across the street from the police station but since I had Ethan, Katheryn and Cody with me, I decided to just call 911. I report the incident and they are sending a policeman over. I hang up the phone and start to brush Katheryn's hair again. A red truck then is pulling in to park. As he is backing in, again!!! The truck then hits our van with their hitch!!! My face must have looked horrid. I even honked before he backed into me but I guess he just wanted to hit me. At least he got out of his truck to see if he caused damage. I told him what had just happened two minutes prior and he couldn't believe it. As we're exchanging info, the policeman arrives. I send Katheryn to get Brian from class. The officer comes up and sees that the other guy and I had exchanged info and asks if he needs to file a report. I looked at him and said, "you're not going to believe this one...he is the second one to hit me within 5 minutes...the first car to hit me took off." We looked and I was clearly in the parking space. There was no damage to the van. I did get the tag number off the van that hit me first but I don't know if a report is going to be filed since there wasn't any damage to the vehicle. The officer did tell me that I may need to appear in court if needed and because we were in the van, the driver would be charged and could do jail time or be on probation. I'm torn, I don't know what to do if they do find him. Do I press on or do I let it go? I don't want Kharma coming back at me later. I guess the funniest and sweetest part of all of this was when Katheryn walked out with Brian. Brian saw the police car behind our van and the police officer beside me talking to me. Brian immediately looked concerned and scared and was going to stand up to this policeman and defend me. He walked up to him and said, "hey, that's my mommy!!" I had to assure him that he was helping me and not taking me anywhere. :) We finally get out of there at 5:30pm and rush home so Katheryn can get changed and grab her saxophone. Matt pulls in 5 minutes til 6pm. I felt like grunge, Matt was in uniform and Ethan spilled water all over himself. I quickly changed Ethan in the van and we all headed to the school. Sitting and waiting was the worst part with the boys. They wanted to sit on my lap...both of them and I had a stressful day so I told them no. They ofcourse complained and I gave in. Katheryn's group came onto stage and played a few songs from Hot Cross Buns to ...I can't remember. Afterwards, the 4th and 5th grade bands played together a variety of songs by Queen. It sounded really good. The concert ended around 7:30pm and we drove home, changed clothes and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. There was no way that I was going to cook.

No comments: