Friday, May 15, 2009

Amazing night!

Today Matt had a trip with work to Harper's Ferry and Antietam Battlefield, both of which are only about 20-40 minutes from here. His commute time to work this morning was cut short I would say. Anyways, it's an overnight so that left the kids and I home without Matt for dinner. It was supposed to rain all day today but for some unknown reason, it was bright and sunny and around 80. Just beautiful. The boys and I went to Brian's speech appointment early this morning and made a quick stop at the doctor's office to drop off paperwork for them to fill out for Brian's medical history. The school needs this in order to enroll him into Kindergarten. It was so cute. They have a playhouse and kid area so as soon as we got to the door, Ethan said he wanted to play in the house. He and Brian immediately fulfilled their wishes and played while I went to the window. About a minute later I told them "let's go" and they gave me a look of confusion. Brian then asked if he was going to see the doctor. I told him we were just dropping papers off and he couldn't understand why we were leaving without seeing a doctor. It was so funny. We then got home and the boys spent the day playing outside. I cut the grass and hung out with the boys and talked with the neighbors. Katheryn got home and it was more of the same. Playing outside. It was such a nice day. About 7pm, we finally all came inside. I got the boys bathed and I decided that we would go out to dinner. We went to Friendly's. It's not GFCF but I felt that the kids needed a break from my cooking and I needed a break from trying to figure out what to make for dinner. They didn't get any ice cream due to Ethan's allergies and I didn't want to overdo it with allowing them to have these gluten and casein filled foods. Katheryn was ecstatic to be eating out. She continually thanked me. The kids throughout dinner were the best behaved I have ever witnessed them to be at a restaurant. It was truly amazing. I had the best time with all three of them. We talked, we played and joked. It was truly wonderful. I've waited so long for this day to come where they would all enjoy each other's company without running up and down the aisles or hiding under the table. I was truly blessed tonight. I wish Matt was there to witness it. I love my kids. :)

No comments: