Monday, May 25, 2009

Uh-oh, Language Please!

Well, we've reached that point with Brian where he hears all the bad words and repeats. Hmmm....where is he getting these new words? Last week, Ethan and I walked up to the bus stop to get Brian but were a little late and found the bus waiting for us. While they were waiting, the bus driver and Brian had a conversation. Mr. Derek told me that Brian had said the F**K word and thought it was an okay word to say. Mr. Derek said he told him it wasn't but Brian just didn't agree. The night before Matt and I heard Brian singing to himself saying the word but kinda blew it off thinking that maybe he didn't know what he was saying and maybe we weren't understanding him correctly and that it would just fade away on it's own. Well, we got home and Brian and I talked about this word and how it wasn't a nice word to use. Brian then proceeded to tell me it was okay because he didn't say it at school. Then on Friday, his class had a class picnic at the town park and I asked his teachers if they had heard him say anything like this and they were all shocked to hear me ask. Then Ariel's mom, Brian's "girlfriend", told me that he may have picked it up from Ariel because she says it all the time. Well, at least that mystery was solved. This weekend has been totally busy for Matt and I trying to rid the clutter and move things around the house. Last night, the kids were in Brian and Ethan's room playing on the bunk beds and somehow they ripped the side panel off the top bunk. I was furious! Matt was too. When we found out who was on the top bunk...(Katheryn)...I yelled at her and told her that the top bunk was not her damn bed. Well, Brian picked up on that and went to Katheryn's door and pointed to her bed telling her, "Katheryn, this is your damn bed!" I looked at Matt and we both just started laughing. It was sooo funny. After we were able to calm down, I pulled Brian to the side and apologized and we talked about that not being a great word to say either.

No comments: