Sunday, May 3, 2009

Future Heartbreaker

Brian is definitely one who is catching on to how the other sex operates. It tickles me to watch him play with his friends. Our new neighbors have a little girl the same age as Brian and her name is Madison. They will be starting Kindergarten together this fall. One Saturday or Sunday Matt and I were outside with the neighborhood lot of kids in our front yard playing Duck Duck Goose and it was so fun to watch Madison stick up for Brian and try to protect him from being caught after saying goose. On Friday, as I was studying, the kids were playing outside in the beautiful spring weather. Brian and Madison came in and Brian went to the refridgerator to grab a juice bag. They left and a few minutes later came back in. As they were coming in the door, I hear Brian tell Madison, "you're pretty" and Madison responded back with a kind "thank you." They get to where I am and Brian asks me to help him put the straw through his juice bag. As I'm doing this, Brian looks at Madison again and proceeds to tell her "you look like a Princess." I was so tickled. I told Brian that that was a really nice thing to tell Madison. I gave him his juice bag and they headed back out to play. I hear Brian ask Madison "do you like my new shoes?" Well, he doesn't have new shoes and her response back to him was "yes, they look like skechers" and then they were out the door to play again. It's moments like that where I think Brian is going to be just fine. Then after all day of playing outside yesterday with Madison, I asked Brian when we were getting ready for bed if Madison was his new girlfriend. He responded with "I already have a girlfriend. Ariel is my girlfriend." I then asked him if Madison was his friend and he said that she didn't go to his school so she wasn't his girlfriend. So then I told him it was okay to be friends with Madison and he responded and said, "okay, she can be my girlfriend." LOL.

No comments: