Monday, December 29, 2008

Uh-oh, here we go!

This morning was so nice and peaceful. Last night we went to my parent's to watch the Redskins game with them and my brother. Katheryn and Brian decided to spend the night with them. When Matt and I got home, Ethan was the only one we had to worry about putting to bed. It was a little crazy this morning. Ethan woke up around 4am screaming and would not calm down. Matt did all that he could to get him to calm down but not with much success. Finally Ethan came back to the bedroom with me and laid down. Matt left for work and Ethan and I fell back to sleep. When I woke up, the house was so quiet. Ethan was sleeping peacefully and I was able to come down the stairs and enjoy my morning. I decided to catch up on my blogging since it was so quiet. As I sat here and typed, I heard movement coming from upstairs. I knew that Ethan was awake. He didn't make much noise so I figured he was playing. Then I heard him coming down the stairs followed by some thumps. What did he roll down the stairs? Was it him sliding on his bottom? He suddenly comes running to me at the kitchen table and tells me "uh-oh mommy, I broke it." I couldn't figure out what he would have broken...there really isn't anything for him to break but then again, we're talking about Ethan here. He'll find something I'm sure. So out of curiosity just to see what he could have possibly broken, I take his had and I let him lead me to the front door. He looks and me and says, "I'm sorry mommy" and there it was! A HUGE hole in the bottom half of the wall by the front door at the bottom of the stairs!!!! I just stood there and shook my head. I think I just expected it. I turned around and grabbed my phone to tell Matt about the great news. Ethan had taken the medicine ball and rolled it down the stairs. That was the thumping I had heard. So much for a peaceful morning. Now I must make a trip to Lowes to see if I can get some spackle and matching paint. Matching the paint is going to be tough but I'm up for the challenge. There never seems to be a dull moment in our household...especially with Ethan. I will post a picture of it soon.
View of "hole" from steps
View of hole up close

No comments: