Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Cat's Meow

Strange things are going on with Brian in the animal kingdom. Elephants eating meals and now his obsession with cats. The other night he had made two triangles and cut them out of paper and colored them. He told Matt and I they were his perfect cat ears and that he wanted to wear them and be a cat. Hmmm. Odd, but okay. So I went through my hair items and found a stretchy headband used to hold hair back as you wash your face. Matt took the headband and stapled Brian's cat ears onto it. Brian put those cat ears on proudly and immediately went upstairs to show his hamster, Kia. He got up to his cage and said, "meow." Then he crawled into bed and watched Kia as he fell asleep. I think this was the first night he actually went to sleep on his own in his own bed. I think he's been watching too many episodes of Tom and Jerry. I will get a picture of Brian and his cat ears on here soon. It's become a ritual for him every night though to make new cat ears and fall asleep with them. Matt and I are not complaining as long as he goes to bed in his own bed. :)

No comments: