Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ethan was overdue!

I'm innocent, I don't know what she's talking about. Greetings my dear friends and family who continually check up on our famiy through this site. I believe that calling this blog site "The Misadventures of our Family" is inaappropriate. It should be called the "Misadventures of Ethan." For being three and quite small, he sure does make himself a heck of an attraction in our home. I can now blog about this next event since I have had time to let the steam cool off. Some of you may have noticed that you hadn't seen too much on here lately about Ethan. He's been really good but I guess he was due for some mishaps. So, here we go! This past Friday was going well. Ethan was great at his doctor appointment and well behaved. Interesting I thought. Little did I know that his great behavior was about to take a turn into doom. We got home and I got him and Brian settled with lunch and a movie while I took that time to go into the office and study for an exam coming up. All is well. Katheryn came home from school and started working on homework in her room and I asked her to get me at 3:00 so we could head over to the school bookstore so I could pick up a CD that I needed. I continue studying and as I'm fine tuning my notes, I hear Brian ask Ethan what he was doing with peanut butter. I didn't think much of it at that second and about a minute later I heard another voice telling me that I better check things out. It's 10 minutes til 3pm, a great time to get the kids together and ready to go because the book store closed at 4pm. As I emerge from the office and walk to the kitchen, I smell the distinct smell of peanut butter. As I get closer to the living room, I see a mess and Brian clearly tells me that "Ethan did it!" I was speechless. I looked at Ethan and he was covered head to toe with peanut butter!! Not just a little, he was coated! Then I notice the 6 lb tub of peanut butter on the table with a bowl beside it and on the floor, an empty box of graham cracker crumbs that you would use to make the crust of cheesecake with. I was astounded!! Peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs had been massaged into the couch and carpet. The wall behind the couch had splatters of peanut butter. There was a blanket pulled out with more peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs rubbed in. The kitchen floor, the pantry, the television and even my poinsetta had peanut butter tossed on them. I yelled for Katheryn to help Brian put his shoes on while I took Ethan upstairs for a quick bath. Once I got him cleaned up, I immediately began to work on cleaning up the couch. Once the peanut butter was removed from the couch, I needed to get out the door to get the CD before the bookstore closed. Thankfully I made it with 10 minutes to spare. The weather was beautiful so once we got home, I sent the kids to the backyard to play. They were very happy to be outside and I was extremely thankful for the nice weather. This allowed me to clean up the mess without the kids being in the same room. I started to clean at 4:15pm. The peanut butter I had wiped from the couch left a white chalky residue so I had to wipe the couch down again. Thank goodness it is a leather couch. If it were fabric, I think I would have been much more furious. Ethan then came in for a drink. He got his drink and decided that he didn't like it and proceeded to dump it on the kitchen floor. I didn't know he had done this until I went to get the steam cleaner and stepped in his water on the floor. I cleaned that up and got to work with the steam cleaner on the carpet. Matt called to let me know that he was going to be able to be home early for once. Any other time I think I would have been ecstatic but I was just not thrilled with this news. He got home around 6:30pm and I was still shampooing the carpet. I had just shampooed the carpet a week earlier so having to repeat this process was just not fun. I hadn't started dinner yet either. Matt went to greet the kids outside and when he came in, he told me that Katheryn warned him not to go inside. She told him that I was really really mad. Matt then took the initiative and ordered pizza for the kids since he realized that I wasn't even going to attempt to make dinner. I finally finished cleaning the mess around 7:30pm. I sat down in the dining room to relax. Matt was getting ready to pick up the pizza when Brian came running into the house from outside. He was squeezing himself and hopping up and down frantically. He stops and asks me if he can go potty. He asks everytime which I don't know why. So I told him ofcourse, go!! Then he says, "oops!" and I watched his pants start to soak. I looked at Matt and I dropped my head onto the table with a bang. Without hesitation, Matt picks up the phone and calls the pizza place and asks if they can deliver it. He then cleaned up Brian's mess and gave him a bath. When all was done, the pizza finally made it. Matt had instructed Brian to get dressed and I guess he didn't. When the pizza came, Brian went outside, fully nude, to help Matt get the pizza. I heard Matt tell Brian to get inside. I was so thankful when that day was over. I didn't get any studying done but we sure got a head start on our spring cleaning. Ethan caught! Sticky hands and all! The couch had a massage Cute as could be but still in trouble His clothes were a mess Having a grand ole time

No comments: