Friday, June 26, 2009

Double Whammy!

OMG!! Here we go again....double whammy today all within 30 minutes of each other. It has been a very long day. Last night we took the kids to the town carnival because it was family night. $10 to ride all night long which is a great deal for our family. Matt and the kids each got wrist bands and they basically rode the rides until closing. We got home around 11pm and I finally got to sleep by 1am. This morning I was back up at 5am. I enjoyed the quiet morning and the time to myself but once 7am came, I had to wake up the kids to get them out the door to Brian's speech appointment at 8:30am. From there, we went to WalMart. I never get the boys' hair cut there but for a one shop stop, I caved in and got them each into a chair. They were on opposite sides of the salon but we managed it. After their cuts, by the way I won't go to WalMart again for cuts, we picked up a box of hair dye. I told Katheryn I would highlight her hair. She wanted to dye her hair red but I told her blonde highlights that were suttle would look much better. She didn't agree with me so I pulled the mommy card. I told her that I was the one with the money and that if she wanted highlights, she would do the blonde. :) We finally get home and I start to prep the sink area in the kitchen to start the process. After washing her hair, Katheryn thought I had dyed it. It was so funny. I then mixed the dye and we started. I decided to go all over her head and not just the top part like they do in the salon. I wanted it to look like they were her natural highlights. As we were at the end and drying her hair, I walked into the kitchen and there was Ethan with the spatula coating his head with this blonde dye!!! OMG!!!! I quickly grabbed him and whipped his head toward the sink. I quickly rinsed his hair out and thankfully there wasn't any damage. LOL! I couldn't imagine a blonde haired Ethan. Finally Katheryn's hair was dry and she ran next door to see what the neighbors thought. I got great compliments and the whole natural look was accomplished. I then decided to try making a bold mark on Brian's hair just in the front but because he has dirty blonde hair, the dye really didn't do much but lighten his baby fine hair so you really can't tell. So, the double whammy kicks in here. As I'm cleaning up the dye, Katheryn comes downstairs and says, "you aren't going to like what you see upstairs." She then proceeds to tell me that Ethan grabbed the tub of vaseline and smeared it on the walls and carpet. How do I get that out of the carpet???!! Ugh! OH NO! I sit here writing this blog and Brian is at the front door telling me that Ethan has just picked my flowers in the front. I checked it out and he took all the beautiful pink geranium blooms and destroyed the plant. The pink petals are now all over my front porch. Someone please please please take Ethan for a few weeks...please. LOL! Off to clean I go.

No comments: