Tuesday, June 16, 2009

School's out! Dance Recital!

Well, school is out and the kids are enjoying their summer vacation so far. I on the other hand wish they were back in school. It definitely came too quick for me. I'm adjusting to the schedule though and we're back on track.
Katheryn and Brian had their dance recital June 7th. The kids did a great job. I was so proud of Brian for getting up on stage and doing his stuff. He loved being up there under the bright lights. Katheryn did a great job on her dances as well. She was in three dances; ballet, hip hop and jazz. Getting her hair done three different ways backstage was quite the challenge. The first hairdo was a bun, the second was two french braids down the back and the third was a pony tail. All in all, the kids had a great time however after seeing the quality of the dancers and their performances, I will be looking for a new dance studio for Katheryn to participate in. Katheryn was beyond the dancers in her age group and I thank the studio in NC for that. The difference is amazing between the studios.
Katheryn and Brian backstage
Katheryn backstage: Her jazz costume

No comments: