Friday, July 17, 2009

Just CAN'T get ahead!

Going to bed late last night and waking up extremely way to early this morning is surely why I am tired, I thought. After the 3 hours the kids have been awake, I'm ready to just go back to bed. Wait, maybe this all started last night on my way to bed. For the past three nights, Ethan has not allowed us to put a pull up on him for bed. Matt and I will wait for him to fall asleep to change his underwear to pull ups. Last night, Matt fell asleep with Ethan in our bed and Ethan was only wearing his underwear. I went to bed around 2am and started to change him when I realized he was wet. He had pee'd in our bed. I woke Matt up to let him know he was sleeping in pee and I'm not sure what happened after that. I took Ethan and put him in bed with Brian after getting him cleaned off and then I went to bed in the guest room. I think Matt continued to sleep in the other bed. LOL! I woke up then at 6am this morning to Cody barking wanting to be let outside. I dragged myself down to let him out and then crashed on the couch. I remember hearing click clack of the dogs footsteps on the kitchen floor and then some crunching by the dog food. I just figured that my mom's dogs were eating their breakfast. Then I realized, my mom's dogs were still in the kennel. I bolted up and when I looked toward the dog food bowl, I see a BIG Black DOG! It's Cody!!! He had let himself back into the house through the basement door, made his way upstairs and into the kitchen and helped himself to my parent's dog's food. LOL! I then get the poodles out of the kennel, let them outside and when they come back in, JJ dumps the dog food bowl all over the kitchen. I had to clean that up and Ethan and Brian try to help when Ethan then dumps the water bowl all over the kitchen floor and it mixes with the dog food. Nice slushy dog food on my kitchen floor now. I proceed to clean that up and I start to cut open a watermelon for Ethan when he then says, "sorry." I look, and he has now pee'd all over the kitchen chair and left a puddle. Nice. I'm cutting watermelon, making pancakes and cleaning up pee. **sigh** I asked Katheryn to help me out with cleaning the basement while I worked on the upstairs. My mom then comes to pick up the dogs. Ethan at this point now is just wearing a t-shirt because I had him take his underwear and pants off from when he pee'd. We go outside to say goodbye and Ethan starts to pee on my mom's foot!! LOL! So funny. I couldn't stop laughing. She then leaves and I came inside to make a comment on my facebook page about him peeing on her foot & while I'm typing, I see Ethan peek around at me with a red hand towel. I asked him, "what are you doing" and he replies back in his innocent voice, "nothing" and then runs off. I immediately got up to check on him and my bathroom floor is flooded with water!!!! I'm trying to get the house cleaned, bed sheets washed and dinner prepped because we are having some friends over for dinner tonight who we met in Germany. It is now about 1pm and I have accomplished very little. Ethan is not allowing me to move ahead and I have sooo much to do before they get here in about three hours!!

No comments: