Friday, July 10, 2009

Wood Stain - Color: Grapevine

I finally was able to get to a set of old wooden window panes Matt and I had acquired from our rental home in S.C. There were two of them and I remember telling Matt 5 or 6 years ago that we needed to keep them. He looked at me with a puzzled look and just said, "ok." We've moved now three times with them and I am finally getting to them...well, atleast one of them anyways. I went to Lowe's and I got a small can of wood stain that I had them color to Grapevine. It's a purple sort of color. I was going to a reddish/rusted look and this was the closest I could find. After spending about an hour pulling out the nails and sanding off the layers of paint, I was finally ready to stain. I am so proud. It looks great. It's about time I did something with it. The kids kept asking me what I was going to do with it and I decided to hang it in my Americana bathroom downstairs. Instant primitive wall art! I am going to put some hooks on one end and a nice ribbon to hang it by. I was careful to clean up after myself because I do have Ethan who likes to explore everything. I even made sure to tap the stain can lid on very tightly. I left the window pane outside to dry and came in to check my facebook. As I typed in my password, here comes Ethan with the can of stain and he dropped it onto the dining room floor....which is WOOD! My heart dropped and I panicked! I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I quickly rushed to grab paper towels and thankfully, because the wood floors are finished, I was able to wipe the stain away. The Grapevine colored stain. I immediately sent Katheryn outside to double check and make sure he didn't get any stain any where else and she said he didn't. I'll have to double check but boy was that scary! I saw $$$ having to be spent for new hardwood floors.

No comments: