Thursday, July 23, 2009

*WA-HOO* It's a Celebration!

This morning I woke up at 6am and shortly after at 6:30am, Ethan came to my bedroom door knocking. I let him in and he immediately heads to my bed and jumps on it mumbling to me about something I couldn't quite grasp. He then hops off the bed and says, "you are beautiful mommy." I about melted and had to give him a big hug. We went downstairs, he had breakfast and then I changed him out of his pull-up and into some Lightning McQueen underwear. As I put them on him, I told him that Lightning McQueen does not like to get wet or poo'd on and that if he needed to go, he was to go in the potty. Ethan replies, "don't get McQueen wet; go potty." I went to the basement to work on a window pane frame I had and when I came back up to the kitchen, I saw Ethan on the potty and he was grabbing some toilet paper. I went to him and asked if he went pee and he said he went poo! I couldn't believe it!!! He actually went all on his own without my prompting. I am so excited!!! We're getting closer. Hopefully he can keep it up. **WA-HOO!**

No comments: