Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SNOW much fun!

Last Saturday we decided to go out and have some family fun. Although it hasn't snowed yet, it was cold enough for the ski resorts to start making snow. We decided that we would try to go snow tubing at one of the local ski resorts nearby. We're close to at least three. We went to Whitetail in Mercesburg, PA. When we got there, we were disappointed when we read the sign that children had to be 5 to ride the snow tubes. I thought for sure that either Matt or I would have to stay with Ethan at the kiddie area while the rest went snow tubing. When I got to the ticket window I was pleasantly suprised when she said Ethan could go as long as I signed a waiver releasing the resort from any bodily injury that may occur. Hmmm. This was not too tough to sign. lol. jk. Everyone has to sign one in order to be issued a tube. We waited for our time to come up since the current time was sold out. Matt and I each got a double tube while Katheryn insisted on having her own. No big deal. Excitement was throughout all of us. We could see snow and we were on our way to the lift. We all chose different lanes to go down and met at the bottom. Eventually we ended up seperating. Katheryn was on a roll. The last few trips Matt and I decided to hook up our double tubes and go down together with the boys. We flew so fast! Brian and Ethan were having a blast. We tried to hook Katheryn up with us but they wouldn't allow more than four to be hooked together. She was a little bummed since it was our last trip down.

Brian, Katheryn and Ethan ready for some tubing.

Ethan in line for tubes!

Ethan being pulled to the lift by Matt
Brian being pulled to the lift by me
Katheryn and Matt...I don't know what they're doing

Picture I took of Matt while I was in the tube looking up

Katheryn on one of many solo trips down
Ethan and Matt tubing down the slope
Brian in the tube ready to go
The next few mornings after Ethan has woken up and his first word of the day is "tubing!" with excitement. Just for one hour it was $95 so I know this isn't something we can do all the time but it sure was fun while it lasted. Brian is constantly asking if we can go tubing.

No comments: